狂少

Bulletproof Themer
已加入
9/18/03
訊息
互動分數
點數
OK, Dear all
Today I am gonna take a little time to share some info with you regarding DDR2 simple tweaking
by using the memset on the Intel system.
We will have chance to look at AMD DDR2 parameters later.

Now, usually we think the parameters should be the tighter then the great performance will be
interms of floating point calculation. However, I can tell you this:

"No matter on the AMD or Intel platform, this is very very big mistake if you are thinking about this

way to tune your memory parameters up for better performance."

Let's simply just see the real example:
(I won't spend the time to explain some difficult theory but will use simple concept and example to

show)

First of all, the tools you need are :

1. CPUZ 1.34, you can download at: http://www.cpuid.com/; feel free to donate this excellent tool.

2. Memset 2.0; I will ask if someone know where we can find this!! Thanks to Gocchin provide me

this great tool.

Example enivornment:

**mobo: intel 97xb ba-ax
vga: bfg mx4000 PCI
RAM: Team Group old d9 fatty 5300 2x 1g
PSU zippy 950w

let's start!

from the first example is set as fsb:ram as 4:5 (bios 1333mhz fsb, ram for 533mhz)
for CL: 4-3-2 then under windows I use clock gen to raise to 525.9mhz
from memset 2.0, you will see some parameters besides major timings like
TCL, tRTC, and tRP.

The key timings we are going to discuss are as followed:
*tRas
*RMS
*tRFC
*TWRT
*tRTP

For command part is up to spd value; the safe way to tweak is get the numbers all -1
so here you see the 10 and 9 originally are 11 and 10. That's quite simple.

Now, we talk about TWRT and Trtp first(the bottom 2):

before that, I would like to tell is this memset chart setting is very closed to the tightest timings we

can set by this clock (ddr1051). now you can look at the CPUZ here is a TRC value is NOT showing

on the memset 2.0. So where is this timing from? Simply it is from "the Trtp x Tcl" ... but why

when you set CAS as 3 and trtp as 4 then trc will be 0? you figure it out yet? because the smallest

value is 16..that's what I was talking about, "don't put yourself into the puzzle of high OC

performance.":
D

ok, how about the TRAS? that timing has been debating forever, however, here is a small rule to

set that. Do not set that too tight and even set it for the smallest number on the list of reserved

value. I bet if you set it as 1, then that WON'T be faster than set it correctly for OPB's way;)

what is OPB's way to set that TRAS?

here you go!!---->(Tcl+trtc+trp), (Tcl+trtc+trp)+1, or (Tcl+trtc+trp)-1.....remember this;)

allright, now, that's see the TRFC...
Confused enough, why intel is just totally different from A64 tweaker. Well it doesn't matter. it's

just a number..

It is set under spd. normally memset will read it as 28~35 for the safe range; of course you can

totally set it very low, but I can certainly tell you, this timing is only slightly effect the calculation

performance when you set it real tight , but if you set it correctly, then it will boost great

performance and stability at the same time. You gotta try to find the best number to fit here. My
setting is about 2~28 for the best result when memory ober 1000mhz ddr.

The last one is RMS....that's refresh mode, this won't be that hard ; when we play DDRI ,

especially AMD system, we can find this under Tref ..yes. Most likely, memory manufacture all set

3.9 mu-s under ddr1, but from here, it seems like we all see memset all shows that RMS as

7.8mu-s. ok, actually 7.8 is the mild setting, not too slow and not really aggresive. my suggestion is

unless you can be sure your setting is stable enough to pass spi 32m, otherwise , set it either 15.6

or 7.8 mu-s. 7.8 is not really slower than 15.6mu-s though.

Below is the 3 different settings I did for this discussion, hope you guys can easily distinguish the
difference.

I will have more difficult settings regarding AM2 timings setting discuss. OPB will see you next time.

Good luck.

1050cl432pi1m.jpg

1050cl432pi1ma.jpg

1050cl432pi1mbest.jpg

ivo

初級會員
已加入
2/1/06
訊息
互動分數
點數
網站
www.ocqq.com
Hello OPB,

Would you please tell me how it is possible to have Trc lower than 16?
I ask that because you said the lowest value of Trc is 16 but Coolaler got it at 4.
GSKILL2GBPK_2.gif

Thanks in advance.

walker

初級會員
已加入
5/6/06
訊息
互動分數
點數
年齡
Nice test OPB~~~

Meditation

初級會員
已加入
8/5/06
訊息
互動分數
點數
这是个很不错的东西啊,不知道可不可以直接操作BIOS。

Ethan.CPA

榮譽會員
已加入
10/10/04
訊息
互動分數
點數
位置
台北
一進來就被一頁書吸引…

狂少

Bulletproof Themer
已加入
9/18/03
訊息
互動分數
點數
Hello OPB,

Would you please tell me how it is possible to have Trc lower than 16?
I ask that because you said the lowest value of Trc is 16 but Coolaler got it at 4.

Thanks in advance.

that's because you are talking about the CL3...it depends on the CAS value IIRC:PPP:

deepcolor

一般般會員
已加入
1/8/07
訊息
互動分數
點數
That/s Great ~!i like it very much!!

▌延伸閱讀