To Summarize the Steps:
1. Run PreHybrd.exe once forever to install legacy files (old-game support)
2. Install 320.49(314.22 for GKs) Drivers(they don't include the current PhysX) Warning: If you just ran PreHybrd and it says "newer or same already installed" then you will need to find the extracted PhysX.msi and "repair"
3. Any time you install ForceWare OR PhysX run Hybridiz.exe(or crash PC!) by right-clicking on it and choosing the menu-option "Run As Administrator" Just Clicking on it won't work, even if it says it did --WinStarter/Home doesn't notify anyway. Return here for its twice a year updates downloaded at the very bottom. WARNING if you use ForceWare v320.49 you need to run Openiz.exe&CUDAfix/CUDAfx64(32or64bit&ReBoot) also!! GK-series GT6xx should stay at v314.22
4. Delete the Game's NxCooking*/cuda*/Physx* .DLL files EXCEPT NX/PhysXExtensions.dll (and except PhysXCore.dll in FluidMark1.3.1) If you want GRAW2,UT3,BatmanArkhamCity,AliceMadnessReturns,Mar s,3DmarkVantage,CUDAtranscoders(may need ext.desktop)/nVidemos you will need their extra file(s), see below/footnotes.
5. Anytime you upgrade any nVidia drivers you need to run Hybridiz again. If ForceWare-Installer says PhysX result is "Installed": it was upgraded, so then you must rerun the GRAW2iz, Unrealiz, Batman2 or AliceMar "PhysiCor" if you play those games.
Overly Verbose Explanations:
1. First! Download below and Run PreHybrd.exe to prepare your system. It installs PhysXv2.729 and cleans up and replaces old files. It will clear legacy files so within the GeForce driver the PhysX.msi(folder) will install the latest. (If you run it again later accidentally you will have to install PhysX.msi and run Hybridiz.exe again!) This step was added since PhysXv9.12.0807 stopped containing most DLLs for under v2.7.3 support. You should never need to run it again, and it will never be updated beyond this original 184.108.40.206 version number.
2. Install three latest drivers from:
ATi Catalyst Beta Win7/8 OR XP 32/64
v320.49 ForceWare non-PCIe3 GT630/640/645(GF) and below otherwise(GK+) 314.22 Legacy ForceWare AND newer PhysX WARNING: PhysX won't reinstall the same version so if you just ran PreHybrd and you are not upgrading versions, you will need to run the .MSI manually(and "repair") in the PhysX folder of Graphics-Driver extracted installer-directory. (A setup.exe custom-install will mistakenly report "A newer or same version is present on this computer" already!)
3. Download below and Run Hybridiz.exe (Right click "Run as administrator" in Win7/8+ OR In WinXP "Connect anyway on VGA", extend the desktop, lower the resolution to 800x600, and drag the monitor to the lower left corner to prevent the mouse dropping off.) When new nVidia drivers are released this must then be rerun. ONLY if you use ForceWare v320.49 you MUST run Openiz.exe&CUDAfix/CUDAfx64.exe(32or64bit&ReBoot) also!!
4. In each game directory right-click to make a ->"New Folder" and move the cuda* and NxCooking*(Not NxCharacter) and PhysX*(EXCEPT NXextensions/PhysXextensions/PhysX3*) prefix-named folders or .DLL files, the only exception is that FluidMark1.3(&possibly others) requires their own PhysXCore* DLL ONLY so if the game crashes back to the desktop upon load/start then move that one back. For Alice2/Batman2/Mars/GRAW2/UT3 DownLoad the AliceMar.exe, Batman2.exe, GRAW2iz.exe or Unrealiz.exe to run any time you upgrade PhysX.
NOTE: Always remove AT LEAST PhysXDevice* and NEVER NX/PhysX3/Extensions*! BorderLands2 requires removal of PhysXCore.dll for any dedicated (even non-hybrid) PPU setups.
Those Still Requiring just their original PhysXCore.dll: FluidMark 1.3.1
Those Still Requiring attached below updated PhysXCore.dll: Alice2, Batman2, Mars (Recommended to use the replacement "PhysiCor"s)
Those Still Requiring attached below updated NXCooking.dll: GhostReconAdvancedWarfighter2, UnrealTournament3 (Recommended to use the replacement "PhysiCook")
Those Still Requiring just their original PhysXLoader.dll: BulletStorm
TroubleShoot: For Unreal3 Engine games if you don't see a fps increase/GPU-Z(v2.81) memory usage(triple-click the percentage to log MAX) you MIGHT need in your .ini file to set: PhysXLevel=2 or bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=False if it is set to true in [SystemSettings] of xxxEngine.INI(s)
Vantagiz.EXE - The only PhysX v2.73 enabled 3DMark test ever made is Vantage CPU Test#2 but it requires GeForce driver version 259.32 or less and then FluidMark1.4/5 etc won't work. Using version 220.127.116.11 allows Cuda3 but 18.104.22.168+ requires Cuda4.1 which doesn't allow hybrids in this specific case. So, ONLY if you want to test with 3Dmark, simply download the driver in the quote just below this paragraph and install (No need to change the PhysX driver, but as always, rerun Hybridiz.exe any time a nVidia installer is run) and then to toggle the GPU/CPU for test#2 run Vantagiz.exe --since other 2.7.3 apps may be affected by the older .50 version in GPU mode. At ten times faster my total CPU score tripled to 37K now!! (H15K) Make sure if you have >v1.02 to uncheck "Disable PPU"! Obviously don't run Openiz or CUDAfix, that only works on driver version 320.49