FlanK3r

進階會員
已加入
2/25/10
訊息
互動分數
點數
年齡
At CES2019 GSkill launched new memory kits. GSkill is from my point of view TOP brand of memory modules. Memory not only for normal users, gamers but also for extreme overlcockers. There is also great support and compatibility list of GSkill memory kits. OF course, price is another point. For high models premium. But the prerformance, design, compatibility and long time experience seems GSkill is something as Formula 1

GSkill TridentZ Royal are new kits follow up latest series TridentZ RGB. Design of new Royals is more atractive on higher level. The lighting looks like "diamonds" on memory heatspreaders. And in real life looks great- You can check promo video bellow.
[youtube]
GSkill Royals exists in two versions - gold and silver. In my case I tested silver version.

The kit is inside black box

Inside the box make us happy the antistatic cloth (for cleaning not only memory, but also eg for LCDs) and GSkill sticker.

After we can see silver gems. Be carefullm on heatspreaders are blank foil.

Kits has massive heatspreaders and under it is 10-layers PCB.

Passives are 44mm high. And on top are "diamonds" leds

About this kit
Specification on XMP default are awesome. Most of editors can not overlcock it - [highlight=yellow] Timings on XMP is nice 17-17-17 on 4000 MHz frequency![/highlight] Memory kits are RGB friendly and synchronized example with ASUS AURA software or you can use GSkill software. Guaranteed support is for chipset Intel Z370 and Intel Z390.

Inside (on PCB) are Samsung chips, B-die chips. B-die are very popular by extreme overlcockers because these chips likes high voltages and tight timings. TridentZ Royal have new PCB layout, a little different than TridentZ 2017 model. TNew one layout named A2. A2 seems good for high frequency with solid timings.

Test system PC
I used highend motherboard Maximus XI Apex, what I am testing slowly also (in next weeks)

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K, my favourite one, good sample 5 GHz 1.15V for all overlcockers benchamrks. But for tests CPU is on stock.
cooling system: ROG Ryujin 360 AIO
RAM: 2x 8GB GSkill TridentZ Royal
PSU: Corsair AX1200
GPU ROG Strix GTX1050 2GB
OS: Windows 7 64-bit (some test on default memory size, some test with 4096MB max size in system)
I tested it only in few benchmarks. But I did one mistake and I noticed too late (in first table)
In the night memory looks awesome!

RAM and XMP profile

Results are in the enxt chapter
Overclocking with default CAS
First I tested with 17-17-17 timings. I was really interested what the memory can to do. Eg on TPWUP memory can do "nothing" on quick tweaking ( https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/G.SKILL/F4-4000C17D-16GTRS/8.html )
a nebo jen o nějakých 50 MHz.
Because I mentioned memory are based on b-die, dot worry about DRAM voltage. I set 1.65V as max limit. But be sure, you will set IO and SA also on manual. Sometimes on "auto" settings motherboard can set IO and SA too high and in danger zone! I used IO and SA 1.2V to 1.22V

The final result was solid 4300 MHz with 17-17-17. On higher memory clocks I got only some test, but it was not stable. For fun only I checked Superpi at 4500 MHz.

There are results. But you can see, there is my mistake with Windows settings. The big difference is in AIDA64 due to my mistake caching...

Overlcocking at 4000 MHz and with lower timings
Also here I preserved DRAM voltage up to 1.65V. Memory are scaling here very good. The best results to see are in AIDA64 and Geekbench (memory single score).

-final result with 4000 MHz 1.65V, IO and SA 1.22V for both

Frequency up
I was interested what can to do with higher voltage. [highlight=yellow]Do not try it home, if you not to understand overclocking theory![/highlight]
Superpi 4600 MHz

Maximum freequency 4700 MHz!

Propably I could got a little higher with higher SA and IO (about 1.35V)

Conslusion

Memory TridentZ Ryoal are good tweaked on stock for high performance and operating at 1.35V. I do not see much 17-17-17 kits in market. It is clear, this memory must to be one of the best in performance results from all. Usually you can see others kits 4000 MHz with timings example 18-20-20, or in better case 19-19-19.
And if you are fan of RGBs, these kits are Miss of RAM modules :):- GSkill have own RGB software or you can use software of motherboards to synchronize all RGBs devices.
Overclocking is also very solid. But you need some skill to tweak it. But if you are afraid of tweaking, you can still to buy these kits because performance on stock is really high.

Only one negative could be price. Is a little higher, but every TOP product is ussually higher price ranking.

There are also TridentZ Royal with lower frequency and you can buy it example here: https://www.alza.cz/g-skill-16gb-kit-ddr4-3200mhz-cl16-trident-z-royal-rgb-silver-d5524821.htm
https://www.newegg.com/global/sa-en...gskill_trident_z_royal-_-20-232-787-_-Product

supervic5979

進階會員
已加入
10/30/10
訊息
互動分數
點數
nice memory module
great pictures & testing
BUT low c/p value......just for me

FlanK3r

進階會員
已加入
2/25/10
訊息
互動分數
點數
年齡
Thank you. I agree, price is a little high for most of users :(.

But still very good compared to price of Dominus Extreme board :-D

▌延伸閱讀